Well thanks to the State and Government who put you in jail for stealing money, but think it's alright to rob you of your money thru late fees, taxes, penalties, and assessment fees. The state should have county workers point a gun to our heads when they accept the money, because that's what it is, straight up armed robbery.
Here is the short version of how a single violation ( "ONE" violation) is put together. It may have more codes and pages then our tax code has, that's over 50,000 pages for tax code.
Each violation is assigned a "Base Fine" set by the Judicial Council pursuant to State Vehicle Code which adds Additional Fees called Penalty Assessments by State Penal Code Section, which authorized to add Surcharges from Health and Safety Code Section established by Don't forget the Late Fee, all calculated to make up the "Total Bail" amount to be paid to the court.
A SMALL FRACTION LIST OF ALL CODES CONNECTED TO ONLY ONE VEHICLE VIOLATION:
California Penal Code Section 1464, 1465.7. Government Code Sections 11503, 13967, 1465.7, 70372, 70402, 76000, 76000.5, 76104.6. and 76104.7, 40310, 27315, Welfare and Institutions Code Sections 4358, 5564
- Restitution Fund an amount equal to 32.02 percent of the state penalty funds
- Peace Officers Training Fund an amount equal to 23.99 percent of the state penalty funds
- Fish and Game Preservation Fund an amount equal to 0.33 percent of the state penalty funds
- Driver Training Penalty Assessment Fund an amount equal to 25.70 percent of the state......
- Corrections Training Fund an amount equal to 7.88 percent of the state penalty funds
- Public Prosecutors and Public Defenders Training Fund an amount equal to 0.78 percent of...
- Victim-Witness Assistance Fund an amount equal to 8.64 percent of the state penalty funds
- Traumatic Brain Injury Fund an amount equal to 0.66 percent of the state penalty funds
JUST A FEW CODES EXPLAINED:
Government Code Section 13967 > A district board may require any employee of the district to be bonded. The district shall pay the cost of the bonds.